"She thought she could, so she did"




Holy Grail palette !

Product Background: 

Collaboration of Violet Voss and YouTuber Laura Lee. Shadows came in the normal style Violet Voss palette and contains a large mirror. Palette has twenty eye shadows, and formulations of the colours vary, it contains a combination of mattes, shimmers and buttery textured eye shadows.

Price: £38.00




            
(With flash)


Hit or Miss?

Like all palettes I got this palette after watching numerous views and was drawn into the trap and I gave up into temptation. The moment it went on sale I got it, however, like many of the products I currently have, it sat in my makeup box for over a month. I finally decided to try it about 3 weeks ago and have found myself constantly reaching for it. There have been days that I've only used the palette due to the versatility of the shades, I've used it for almost all of my makeup looks whether it be neutral makeup or glam. My favourite shades in the palette are; Hissy Fit, Bitty and 1988, the texture of the shadows are unbelievable, they are so creamy, buttery and highly pigmented. This palette has become by far my favourite collaboration palette of 2016, it is so versatile and I have seen numerous people of different skin shades try it and the colours still show up so beautifully. Also the matte shades are highly pigmented so they do not become dry or chalky, since there are a vast range of mattes and there are shades that can be used as transition shades. My favourite matte colour from the palette is Alabama, it is a rich brown shade that I often use to deepen my crease or create a soft smoky. However, there's one shade in the palette I really dislike and never reach for and that is the shade 'Lou', it is suppose to be a matte black but has shimmer in it? I hate any black shade with shimmer in it cause it defeats the whole purpose of using a black shade. This palette was a truly a hit with me. The palette is currently out of stock, I am not sure whether it was limited or not, but I really hope they bring it back so I can buy another one. 


   (Without Flash)

Application:

With this palette I've found the best way to apply the buttery eye shadows are with a wet synthetic brush or your fingers. Since the shadows are highly pigmented, I've found that when using  my brush dry it tends to lead to a lot more fallout.

No comments